HWBOT GPUPI for CPU 100M Benchmark Validation Regulations

• Benchmark Rules

HWBOT GPUPI for CPU 100M Benchmark Validation Regulations

Allowed benchmark versions
Allowed operating systemsAll Windows based
Default benchmark settings100M HWBOT CPU
ScoreThe score is the time the calculation took
Allowed optimisations
  • Skip CPU and GPU detection (May help if you get an error when uploading the datafile)
  • Run CMD as admin and paste “bcdedit /set useplatformclock yes”
  • Batch and Reduction size can be changed
  • Enabling/Disabling HyperThreading
  • Adjust priority and affinity
Disallowed tweaks/cheats
  • Altering benchmark files or the rendering
  • Any software or human interaction altering the perceived speed of the benchmark program, tricking it to believe it ran faster
Verification screenshot requirementsThe screenshot must be obtained using the integrated screenshot functionality

• GPUPI window (with all information visible)
  • CPU-Z CPU tab
  • CPU-Z Memory tab
Verification linkNo verification link required
Verification datafileVerification datafile is mandatory
Example screenshot

Red: Mandatory Green: Optional

Additional notesThis page contains the benchmark result regulation specifications for GPUPI for CPU 100M. The rules as described in our General Rules section are still applicable even if they are not specifically mentioned on this page.

It is your responsibility, and the responsibility of your team captain(s) that these rules are followed properly. Your submission may be blocked by HWBOT moderators without notice if your submission is in violation of one of these rules. Multiple infractions may lead to a warning, and eventually an account ban.

Changelog
  • Sep 16, 2016: link
  • May 1, 2015: clarify version, operating system, and remove GPU-Z requirement
  • April 11, 2015: first draft
Submission tutorial

Christian Ney says:

Reserved for tweaks and tips

GPUPI: International support thread

Belgium leeghoofd says:

Version 3.3 or beyond will not be allowed due to changed algorythms and other improvements!

Denmark mr.wulten says:

Then where do I get V3.1+? The link only has V3.3.2. Is anybody going to do anything about this? Or are we just not doing GPUPI anymore? I'm so lost. Please explain. Thanks! PS, V3.3.2 doesn't even work...AT ALL!!! So you don't need to worry about that POS.

Austria _mat_ says:

If you search for GPUPI on the web you will find my site with all versions to download: https://www.overclockers.at/news/gpupi-international-support-thread

The problem that's confusing everybody is the fork of GPUPI (3.2 and 3.1, gets points) and GPUPI 3.3 (no points). I can only accept the fact, but I am definitely not a fan of this.

I would advise to not bench GPUPI 3.3 currently. I am working on GPUPI 4 that will improve a lot of things, especially benchmark security and timer precision/reliability. It will also get rid of the plagued OpenCL implemtations for CPUs, so it will work out of the box in the future. No need to install any OpenCL driver.

Austria _mat_ says:

I have updated the download page on overclockers.at to reflect the situation on HWBOT better. Let me know if that helps.

Greece viper says:

How to run this bench for the CPU? When I click the Calculate menu, it only allows me to select my Graphics card, so I can't run it for the CPU.

Australia cbjaust says:

Got an AMD/ATi graphics card? I've found the best way to get OpenCL for CPU working is installing the Radeon Drivers prior to 18.8.1 (I think) Lately I've been using 18.5.1. Otherwise you can try your luck with the various OpenCL SDK packages that can be found on the net. Check out the GPUPI page on Overclockers.at. Alternatively you can try Intels OpenCL package. Links at the page mentioned.

Australia macsbeach98 says:

Install the intel openCL and whatever AMD openCL you prefer and GPUPI will give you the option to run either Intel or AMD OpenCL.

And it works everytime whatever AMD openCL you desire to use

Greece viper says:

@cbjaust Yes I have an Radeon 570, but i don't plan to install older VGA drivers just to run this bench.Thanks anyway @macsbeach98 I just need the Amd opencl. All i find online is the whole SDK at almost 300mb. There is not a simple driver file or something?

Austria _mat_ says:

You have to download the whole AMD APP SDK from here, see "OpenCL drivers for CPUs": https://www.overclockers.at/news/gpupi-international-support-thread

But you will only need to install the OpenCL driver (first entry if I remember), uncheck the rest in the installer.

Greece viper says:

@_mat_ I have downloaded the "AMD APP SDK 3.0 (OpenCL 2.0)" file and during the installation, I have selected the first option "OpenCL Runtime libraries", but still no option to select my CPU at the benchmark. Maybe I have to install something more?

Austria _mat_ says:

As stated above your AMD GPU driver is overwriting the OpenCL entry for the CPU. In the posts above you are good countermeasures.